How to report abuse
If you’re worried that a vulnerable adult is being abused, exploited or neglected – or is at risk of this happening, you have a responsibility to report it.
It might be something someone has told you, something you heard or saw, or just something that makes you feel uncomfortable about how someone is being treated or looked after.
Contact our Adult Social Care First Response Team on 01925 443322
Outside of office hours ring us on 01925 444400
If you are a professional, you will need to complete the new online referral form https://www.warrington.gov.uk/report-abuse-vulnerable-adult
If you think a crime has been committed, ring the police on 101
If you believe the adult is at immediate risk of harm, call 999
You can print and display our How to report abuse poster in your work place for professionals and the public. Please access the poster here How to report abuse poster
What if I have concerns about a person in a position of trust?
If you have concerns about a person who works with or cares for adults with care and support needs, such as an employee or volunteer then complete the online form here
These individuals are known as People in Position of Trust (PiPot). You can find out more about the PiPot here
Only complete this form if an adult is not directly at risk. If an adult is at risk because of the concern, please complete the adult safeguarding referral form.
What information will I need to provide?
When you ring us, we’ll ask you:
- for details of the person you’re worried about, like their name and where they live
- what you’ve been told, heard, seen or think might be happening
- your name
Everything you tell us is confidential, including your name.
What happens next?
- You will be listened to and your concerns taken seriously.
- The appropriate agencies will investigate the concerns.
- We will treat the person affected with dignity and respect.
- We will work together and with the person to find out what they want and to help protect them.
- We will pursue actions to prevent future abuse.
- We will update the organisation/professional raising the concern to inform them of the next steps (decision for a section 42 or other enquiry/action).